For those who’ve been utilizing an insulin pump for some time, you’ve seemingly gotten previous that preliminary studying curve and discovered a routine that works nicely for you. Since insulin pumps can change into so ingrained in your life, it’s useful to take a step again and have a look at the issues you are able to do to verify your pump stays in the very best form.
Every day, contemplate the following pointers
- Pump instances might help present a cushion in opposition to bumps throughout your every day actions and shield in instances of unintended drops. We suggest a silicone pores and skin which is low-profile and wraps round your pump clip. We lately improved the design of the silicone pores and skin so it’s a smoother materials that has extra grip and actually helps to guard your pump! They arrive in a wide range of colours and supplies too! The MiniMed 670G and 630G programs are waterproof1 however bear in mind that drops and bumps may harm your pump case and make it extra susceptible to wreck from water.
- For those who put on your pump in a spot the place it touches your pores and skin (like in a bra, or wedged between pants and pores and skin), flip the buttons away out of your physique to scale back moisture publicity.
- Hold your pump safe and dry whereas exercising in a waist pouch.
- Do you know that lotion, sunscreen, insect repellent, or family cleaners can harm your pump? Make certain to clean and dry your arms earlier than touching it!
- When pushing the buttons in your pump, use the facet or pad of your finger. Attempt to keep away from sharp objects like keys or the information of lengthy or acrylic fingernails.
Each few weeks, take into consideration these items:
- If that you must clear your pump for any purpose, wash your arms and use a material blended with gentle detergent like dish cleaning soap and water. Don’t place your pump below working water and keep away from cleansing it with family brokers (all-purpose cleaner, glass cleaner, hand sanitizer, alcohol wipes, and so on.)
- You too can use the underside of your 600-series pump clip or a thick coin to open and shut your battery cap, however don’t overtighten it. For those who want a brand new battery cap, we’ve got them accessible for buy right here.
And when the seasons change, right here are some things to recollect:
- Plan forward by studying up on this chart earlier than you enter new environments, from x-rays to airport safety, so you understand how they might have an effect on your pump.
- On the time of manufacture and when reservoir and tubing are inserted correctly, your pump is waterproof to a depth of as much as 12 ft for as much as 24 hours. See person information for particulars. Bear in mind that drops and bumps that happen over time will have an effect on the integrity of the pump and make it extra susceptible to wreck from water.
- The Paradigm platform, MiniMed Revel, and MiniMed 530G programs are waterproof, so disconnect out of your pump when showering, swimming, or utilizing the sauna or steam room. Place it in a secure and dry place, away from moisture.
- When your transmitter is related to your sensor, they create a watertight seal in as much as eight ft of water for 30 minutes. If you’re sporting CGM and disconnect your pump out of your physique and, your transmitter will retailer your knowledge throughout that point. However remember, when you’re away on your pump for 30 minutes or extra, you’ll get a Misplaced Sensor alert. Converse together with your healthcare group to ascertain a plan when you’re going to repeatedly disconnect out of your pump for longer than one hour.
- MiniMed pumps are designed to resist temperatures between 41-104 levels (F). Insulin can freeze close to 32 levels and change into much less efficient at greater temperatures. For those who’re outdoors in chilly climate, put on your pump near your physique and canopy it with heat clothes. For those who’re in a heat surroundings, maintain your pump in a case or lined below the shade or a seashore towel and shield your insulin to maintain it cool.
1On the time of manufacture and when reservoir and tubing are inserted correctly, your pump is waterproof to a depth of as much as 12 ft for as much as 24 hours. See person information for particulars.
Essential Security Info
MINIMED 670G SYSTEM
The Medtronic MiniMed 670G system is meant for steady supply of basal insulin (at person selectable charges) and administration of insulin boluses (in person selectable quantities) for the administration of kind 1 diabetes mellitus in individuals, seven years of age and older, requiring insulin in addition to for the continual monitoring and trending of glucose ranges within the fluid below the pores and skin. The MiniMed 670G system contains SmartGuard expertise, which could be programmed to robotically regulate supply of basal insulin based mostly on Steady Glucose Monitor sensor glucose values and may droop supply of insulin when the sensor glucose worth falls under or is predicted to fall under predefined threshold values. The system requires a prescription. The Guardian Sensor (3) glucose values aren’t supposed for use instantly for making remedy changes, however fairly to offer a sign of when a fingerstick could also be required. A confirmatory finger stick take a look at by way of the CONTOUR®NEXT LINK 2.four blood glucose meter is required prior to creating changes to diabetes remedy. All remedy changes needs to be based mostly on measurements obtained utilizing the CONTOUR®NEXT LINK 2.four blood glucose meter and never on values supplied by the Guardian Sensor (3). All the time examine the pump show to make sure the glucose end result proven agrees with the glucose outcomes proven on the CONTOUR®NEXT LINK 2.four blood glucose meter. Don’t calibrate your CGM gadget or calculate a bolus utilizing a blood glucose meter end result taken from an Different Web site (palm) or from a management resolution take a look at. It isn’t beneficial to calibrate your CGM gadget when sensor or blood glucose values are altering quickly, e.g., following a meal or bodily train. If a management resolution take a look at is out of vary, please observe that the end result could also be transmitted to your pump when within the “All the time” ship mode.
Pump remedy shouldn’t be beneficial for folks whose imaginative and prescient or listening to doesn’t permit recognition of pump indicators and alarms. Pump remedy shouldn’t be beneficial for people who find themselves unwilling or unable to take care of contact with their healthcare skilled. The security of the MiniMed 670G system has not been studied in pregnant ladies. For full particulars of the system, together with product and necessary security data equivalent to indications, contraindications, warnings and precautions related to system and its elements, please seek the advice of http://www.medtronicdiabetes.com/important-safety-information#minimed-670g and the suitable person information at http://www.medtronicdiabetes.com/download-library
The put up Taking Care of Your Insulin Pump So It Takes Care of You appeared first on The LOOP Weblog.